Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Poetry Tuesday

Youth Poets: video posts coming soon to CCHSPoetry
Tuesdays mean Poetry Club. One sacred hour after school sitting in a circle, I spend time with teens looking for their voices. Everyday Tuesday we take the full hour sometimes more. We share. We write. We practice bringing a poem off the page--a page often worn soft from creasing, folding, unfolding, clutching words from hand to mouth.

Poetry speaks.
Poetry lives.
Poetry empowers.

No matter what kind of day I've had with my regular 7:00 a.m.-2:11 pm students, the youth poets I serve, breathe life back into me.

Poetry saves.


Peace and Poetry be with you,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for make poetry reveberate throughout the walls of this campus. Poetry inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have time for poetry - no matter how late I'm dipping into these slices. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poetry time is wonderful, I agree. But I got stuck on your "7:00-2:15" schedule! I. Would. Die. End of story! haha....

    btw...I'm with you on late nights and getting slices done. The day just gets away from me!

    Stephanie
    http://boxofchocolates29.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete